Friday, May 4, 2012

My 2 Sac's: A Tale About 2 Coins and Grading Services

Here's a story about 2 coins not that different
Tell me what you think below in the comments

A few years ago I decided to bust open a 2005 S Proof set myself.  I had renewed my PCGS Membership and so I had 8 free submissions free to PCGS which we know free is a real good deal for coin grading services.  I got the idea to bust open a proof set in hopes of the elusive 70 grade (which stands for a perfect coin) especially by PCGS.
My first submission almost angered me when they sent back some 1800 gold they were in holders but said Genuine Not Gradeable....wtf you mean I have seen vf gold coins that are nothing close to the beauty of some of these coins.  Anyway  **.92 I had inherited the coins but never cleaned them.
I was after the elusive 70 from PCGS.  When I got my 2005 S Sacagawea back it came back with a grade of PR68DCAM I thought wow, I had examined it under magnification before I decided which proof set to bust open.  Looks like someone has done the same I bought 3 ramdom PCGS graded coins off ebay for 18$ each I got a 94 S silver Rosie PR69DCAM, a nice Penny S Mint Mark PR69DCAM, and then the 2nd Sacagawea you see posted above in the picture also a PR69DCAM...anyway here are pics of mostly my first one I sent off I busted out of the proof set myself.  This might be a good read for new collectors that are new to grading services, they are not all equal.  Take care and I hope you enjoy.   Let me ask one more thing below

IS a 70 attainable by the common collector?


















Please feel free to post an comment, we need to get this blog going!!  


Unemployed IT Poor Boy Disclaimer: Please feel free to click any Google adSense ads (I'm new so if someone wants to teach also is appreciated) on my site or at the bottom if you need webhosting I'm a 1and1 affiliate :-)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enjoy Please keep the comments informative and clean.