Friday, February 17, 2012

Gold 3$ Indian Princess coin (1888) 1854-1889

Its been a while I've been trying to get things organized and messing with the coins and ran across one of these.  I am thinking of getting rid of it.  Thought about selling it on ebay, it was on there a year or 2 ago but didn't sell.  Its a raw coin not graded by PCGS or NGC. It's pretty, I haven't made my mind up though.  I will post some pics of my 1888 Indian Princess gold the pic below is one I got of a PCGS MS64 off the coinfacts site.  I was in a hurry and like taking time when I take photo's of my coins, I scanned a bunch of my graded ones the other day I need to go through.  Anyway Is it not pretty?  

Since the spot price of gold has went up so much on the markets check out the prices of Indian princess gold coins from the years 1854 to 1889.  Remember this is a 5 gram coin, in between a fractional gold eagle 1/10th oz and 1/4th oz.  A couple weeks ago an AU 55 sold for $1,495 at the 2012 US Coins Signature Auction in Long Beach February 2-5.  Here are the prices from the PCGS price page for the various grades and years.  


Enjoy til next time with a real picture. :-)

2 comments:

  1. yap i saw this Indian Princess coins
    i like this coins so much
    Where to Sell Gold

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never did end up selling the coin. It looks like you like to buy Gold coins, are you interested in my Indian Princess? If so what would you offer for one? Pics above are not mine they are from PCGS.
    C ya thanks for the comment.
    JD

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy Please keep the comments informative and clean.