Thursday, August 9, 2012

My Kenwood I don't really want to get rid of

This is my Kenwood TS-790A  I bought for use with working some of the Amsat www.amsat.org sats but I didn't have enough money to get into it like I wanted to and I hve other VHF and UHF radios I have I can use.  1.2Ghz will have to wait, I know of only a couple of hams anyway in this state that has 1.2Ghz so I would have to build an impressive station to use it.  I did try KB0HH one time during a contest with an antenna borrowed from KC5DPT and could hear EM06 in EM15 but they could not hear me.  I barely uses the radio much as you can see it does work.  I bought another radio just like this to get the 1.2Ghz module since it was rare and the only way I could so I really don't need it anyway if anyone has any questions let me know.  I am looking to get rid of this.  It does weigh alot.
73's



No comments:

Post a Comment

Enjoy Please keep the comments informative and clean.