Thursday, May 3, 2012

Pretty Ugly Pretty Academy "Chunky" Bar

Hi all,
This is an an Academy fine .999 silver "chunky" bar purchased back in 1999.  I saw some for sell on ebay and they had certain lot #'s etc.  I have no idea how to tell or which this is.  I know I bought it from Scottsdale Silvers website and thought it looked neat the way it looks like something you would get if you melted down a bunch of old mercury dimes or rosies and poured them into mold you made yourself.  

This makes me wonder something too, does anyone know the melting point of .9000 silver (aka rosies and mercs) I know what it is for silver but I am now curious how much the other 10% changes it.  Anyway if anyone knows let me know....other than that this is a pretty ugly pretty 10 ounces of silver. :-)











BTW  its probably for sell if you're interested :P


1 comment:

Enjoy Please keep the comments informative and clean.